Link to Dave Maki Musical Tribute Saturday October 16, 2010 8 to 10 pm is closed


--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

It will be two years…….without my CW

I have been experiencing a lot of different emotions lately.  Seems that I am starting to move on with my life.  That's pretty strange.  I read the last few days of the blog from 10/3/10 to 10/10/10 tonight while crying.  I haven't thought of my nickname for Dave "Cancer Warrior" in so long….how I would wake him up chemo days calling him that and singing.  How well he did through chemo the first rounds.  The hard decisions and successes, the disappointments.  It's hard to read how he was failing so quickly, how weak he had become in such a short period.  This post is from 10/3/10:   "My sweet, sweet man is so tired lately. Glad he isn't in pain. We will all take good care of him. "  The morning after the 10/9 party: "Oh, my dreams for Dave came true last night. It was such a gift, honest. Friends and neighbors came over, the movie was playing in the front yard. There was laughter and love surrounding us. Of course there were tears too. I offered to go in with anyone who seemed a little anxious, told them Dave hears him. Many said their goodbyes- some short, some long. Our friend Suzanne brought a lavender satchel to put on Dave's chest, Suzanne and Joni massaged his hands and feet with lavender lotion. It was amazing to see his hands relax. Alison, Catherine C-S, and Beckie took care of me. Suzanne roasted chestnuts, what a great fall snack. We also looked at some older pictures and sang along with Earth, Wind and Fire songs.

We have the medication thing down, although we slept for 4 hours and missed a pain medication dose.  Dave still has a temperature this morning. His hands are so warm, arms are cool. The hospice nurse said this is a normal thing. Our old dog, Audrey is hanging around Dave's bed more. It's a peaceful morning. I'll update later. I cannot thank everyone enough for their love and support." All the love that surrounded him is almost unbelievable.










10/10/12 family and friends will gather at Riverview Cemetery to toast to Dave and then we'll go to Silver Beach Pizza.  Yes Topographic Oceans will play from beginning to end after dinner, hopefully in the backyard with a fire ( and Friday and Saturday night too).  It is tradition now.  I hope everyone will understand my wish to continue this in the future.  Somethings I can't release, somethings will stay with me forever.  Goodnight my CW, it's time.




peace, love, groove

2 comments:

  1. I wrote a whole buncha stuff but it didn't post. Gist: you are the standard-bearer for the rest of us on how to lose a beloved spouse without losing your mind. You are the first one I will turn to if this should happen to me. (Jeff's dad had a massive MI when he was 57, Jeff's 54, so I worry...)You have been talking about moving on. I say, GO FOR IT! I know Dave would want his for you. I am not privy to conversations you had on this topic, but I think it's safe to guess he wants you to move on. Love needs to endure....not stop at death's door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Disco sucks I remember that shirt! Dave was the ultimate move on person and we in the big picture are all right behind him so party now and live it to the fullest, it is so easy to say but much harder to play so GO FOR IT and play when ever you want just please do it while you can still walk to it!

    ReplyDelete